I had cooked caramel custard using a different recipe, with simpler ingredients. But I feel this recipe is much better . It has come out well this time. Though the edges are not really smooth, the inside was perfect.
This is an excellent recipe for beginners. Satisfaction guaranteed !
1. Eggs - 4
2. Milk - 500 ml ,2.5 - 3 cups
3. Condensed milk - 1 tin
4. Sugar - 3 dessert spoon (for caramelising)
5. Vanilla Essence - 2 drops
6. Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
1. Beat eggs well . Use an egg beater preferably. Else make sure it is foamed well.
2. Boil and cool milk. Take a little of this and dissolve cornflour to make a paste.Now add this paste to the rest of the milk.
3. Mix all together . Add vanilla essence.
4. Now add condensed milk and mix everything well.
Put the sugar in a pan and heat it with continuous stirring.
Continue till the sugar dissolves and it turns golden brown.
Now add little water and continue stirring.
5. Spread a little ghee in the dish (so that pudding comes off easily as you transfer it )and pour the caramel into this.
6. Pour the pudding mixture into this and cover it with aluminium foil.
7.Keep the dish in pressure cooker with 2 glasses of water. Put the weight and cook in lowest flame for 15 mins.
8. Let it stay in cooker for another 30 mins.
9. Keep in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Source : Marias Menu