Quails are definitely a healthier alternative to chicken. There is even a famous saying in Kerala which goes like this,
"Aayiram kozhikku ara kada" .. meaning..1/2 a Quail is equal to 1000 chickens
1. Quail 4 average sized
2. Onion 2 (If you replace with shallots it will be tastier)
3. Ginger chopped 4tsp
4. Garlic chopped 8tsp
5. Coriander powder 3tsp
6. Kashmiri chilly powder 4tsp
7. Green chillies 4
8. Tomato 1
9. Curry leaves few
10. Coriander leaves 3-4 strans
11. Garam Masala powder 1 tsp
1. Ginger 1 small piece
2. Garlic 3 pods
3. Coriander leaves, chopped fine - few
5. Pepper 1/2 tsp
6. Garam masala -1/4 tsp
7. Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
8. Kashmiri chilly powder 1/2 tsp
1. Make a paste with all the ingredients for marination. Apply well over the cleaned quails.
I have used the whole quails here. If you prefer you can cut them small.
Keep aside for atleast for 30 mins;
2. Cook the quails in pressure cooker, as you cook a chicken. Allow 2 whistles. If there is water, boil it off and let the chicken absorb everything.
3. Saute onions till golden fry. Add salt as it helps the onions to get sauted fast
4. Add ginger, garlic, green chillies, curry leaves, one by one, sauting in between.
5. Add chopped tomato and saute well for 2 mins.
6. Add 1/2 of the coriander leaves.
7. Add coriander powder, chilly powder and garam masala powder.
8. Add the quails and saute them well so that all the masalas get coated over the quails.
9. Roast it well for 10 mins.
10. Garnish with the remaining coriander leaves.
11. Enjoy with hot rice, appam or bread.