Pazham nirachathu is a very tasty snack from the Malabar Cuisine. It is the best fit if you are searching for a quick, simple, nutritious, healthy, kids friendly dish.
1. Ripe plantains 2
2. Coconut 3/4 cup
3. Sugar 3tbsp
4. Cashews, broken 1 tbsp
5. Cardamom powder a pinch
7. All purpose flour 2 tbsp
8. Oil/ Ghee
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Melt the sugar completely. Now add coconut, cashews and raisins. Mix and saute well for few mins (2-3).
2. Cut the bananas half and make 3 slits without reaching the ends. Optionally, you can do this with the full bananas.
3. Fill in the coconut cashew mixture into the slits.
4. Make a paste with the All purpose flour, sugar and salt.
5. Stick up the slits with the paste.
6. Fry in oil.
7. Enjoy with your evening tea.